Customers wishing to externalize the day to day ongoing maintenance of their Bravura Security Fabric solutions may opt for the managed administration service offered by Bravura Security, rather than allocating their own staff to manage their system. Customers who sign up for the managed administration service are assigned one primary and one backup product administrator. The Bravura Security administrator performs the day-to-day monitoring and management of the software, either on-premises or in the cloud.
Managed administration service includes:
- Daily server health monitoring.
- Problem remediation (single point of contact).
- Applying upgrades and patches as required.
- Making minor changes to system configuration and integrations.
For Bravura components which are deployed in a Bravura Security customer facility, on Bravura Security customer infrastructure, the Bravura Security product administrator will be responsible for maintaining and managing the application itself and not the underlying infrastructure that supports it:
- Hardware support.
- Operating system support, including OS patches.
- Network support, including troubleshooting routing, DNS or load balancing problems on the Bravura Security customer network.
While the Bravura Security administrator will be responsible for troubleshooting integration problems with systems and applications where Bravura is configured to manage users, credentials or entitlements, such troubleshooting will (inherently) require close collaboration with individual Bravura Security customer system and application administrators.
Making use of Managed administration service results in many benefits including:
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Increased value
- Stronger security
Terms and conditions
- Managed administration service is provided per solution instance. An instance may span multiple physical or virtual servers but supports a single user population, a single set of integrations and has a single configuration.
- Customers must have a current maintenance contract for the product to be managed.
- Customers must provide the administrator with appropriate administrator-level credentials to each server at the operating system and database levels (this does not apply where the system is delivered as a service and Bravura Security provides the OS and DB).
- Bravura Security staff must have independent VPN access to the customer network on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Customers must designate two contacts (application owners) with whom Bravura Security will coordinate all work. Only these application owners will contact Bravura Security with inquiries or requests and Bravura Security will contact these owners to request access, discuss changes and notify of incidents.
- Customers must have a staging environment to allow testing of enhancements and patches before migration to production (this does not apply where the system is delivered as a service and Bravura Security provides the OS and DB).
- All production changes are subject to the customer change control process. Where the system is provided as a service, Bravura Security will coordinate version upgrades and outages with the designated application owners.
- Major product version upgrades (e.g., X changes in version X.Y.Z) may require a separate professional services engagement and are not automatically included in annual version upgrades.
- Development of custom business logic is excluded from this service.
- Deployment or monitoring of software components to systems other than Bravura Security servers is excluded from this service. This means both client code (ActiveX, Windows Credential Provider (CP) , etc.) and server-side agents (Mainframe listener, Unix listener, etc.)
To learn more about this service or to request a price quotation, Please contact your Bravura Security account representative or call 1.403.233.0740 ext 1.Contact Sales